2017 sees the third year of Instrumental at FolkEast – our own unique celebration of musical instrument makers from across the UK, and further afield.
Set within the heart of the festival, Instrumental gives the opportunity for makers to show and exhibit their musical instruments, with the chance for festival-goers to try and even purchase their instrument from the very person who made it.
If you are interested in showing your work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The current lineup of makers for 2017 includes… (+ more to be confirmed!)
- Jim Parr Early Woodwind – Early and folk bagpipes, shawms & chalumeaux
- P G Bleazey Woodwinds – Flutes, whistles and recorders
- Kai Toenjes Stringed Instruments – Guitars, Mandolins, bouzoukis
- Blackdown Nyckelharpas – Nyckelharpas
- Tim Phillips – Violins, Infidels, 5 String Instruments, Octave Violins
- Glen Titmus Violins – Modern & Baroque style bows for violin, viola and ‘cello, Also bows for nyckelharpa and psaltery.
- Carl Bell – Wooden Flutes
- Gillett Guitars – Electro Acoustic Bass Guitars
- Split Tin Guitars – Tin guitars, banjos and ukuleles
- Alan Miller Guitars – Hand made guitars